Neue Version von HSSRMS

• I will skip the machine translation, as I think those of you who are interested will prefer my English to Google's German :)

A new version of HSSRMS is on the website.

A few new enhancements for everyone, and one new feature for the tech tinkerers among us.

The software now includes the option to flash a car's lights when it is in a penalty or event condition. So a tire down, or a stop-and-go penalty will cause the car's lights to flash until the condition is corrected.

The old black box would flash a car's lights when it was * low * on fuel (the CU doesn't flash the lights until the car is empty). I have missed that, so flashing a car's lights when it's fuel level drops to the system-wide low fuel threshold is now an option. The lights will continue to flash in the pit until the tank is full, or until the software believes the car has enough fuel to finish the race.

There is a new random rotation for those that run multi-heat races. The software also now displays all of the remaining races in a rotation on the 'Next Race' page, not just the next one up. You can also print out the full rotation. As before, the software saves the state of the rotation after every completed heat to protect against disaster. If an incomplete rotation is found at program startup, the software will ask if you want to complete the rotation or forget it.

Pressing the 'P' key on the race screen will launch the pace car. Pressing a second time will instruct it to return to pit.

Now on to what I think is the most interesting new bit:

A very simple Arduino circuit ( http: //www.wassersto...code/index.html ) designed by Peter Niehues and available at his 'Carrduino' site ( http: //www.wassersto.../carrera-hacks/) enables a few new features in the software. The software will have tighter synchronization with the CU start lights during a countdown, and it will be able to identify who is guilty of a false start during the countdown. But the big reason for building this very simple device: it will also turn every controller into a track call button! If your car is not in the pit lane, and you release the throttle and hold the lane change button down for >3/4 of a second, the software will send a command to the CU to raise the start lights. So zero throttle and squeezing the lane change button for >3/4 of a second will pop the start lights. This will work with any Carrera digital compatible controller. Because the state of the lane change button is not sent to the track while the start lights are raised, the controller can't be used to begin a countdown. You still need to press the space bar or the physical 'Start' button on the CU to do that.

Even if you have never worked with an Arduino, this is a very simple project. The circuit consists of two resistors, a diode, and some wire. If you have any experience with electronic projects, this is a very simple circuit to solder. (The circuit has low current draw so while it is clumsy, inelegant and not recommended- you could use a breadboard as pictured in the docs even while connected to the track if you absolutely don't want to solder). I am using an Arduino Uno because I already had one, but any Arduino with a USB connection can be used as pictured.

The required components are extremely cheap. You can probably easily find a genuine Arduino Nano for U.S. $15 or less, and clone boards are even cheaper. The resistors, diode and wire are negligible. So an easy, cheap, and fun project can net you the ability for every driver to pause the race right from their controller! The software now Creates an 'Arduino' sub-folder that includes the pictures and documentation needed to make this work.

• ebay Werbung
  • ... that's great, thank you very much. BG Dirk

Gut Slott von Dirk

:fahrer:
    Immer schön auf dem Teppich bleiben!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!